Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Baby!

It is official we are expecting our first baby in June.  He/she is due June 16th 2012.  What an exciting 17 weeks this has been.

We found out we were pregnant in October.  Lance and I were gearing up to take our middle school kids to Charlotte for our annual middle school retreat.  I decided to take an early pregnancy test...just in case (since we were going to Carowinds and would be riding roller coasters).  I got up early and took the test and immediately woke  Lance up because it was POSITIVE!  We were beyond excited.  I don't know how we contained the excitement all weekend.  When we returned from the trip I immediately called the doctor's office and set up an appointment for a pregnancy test in the office.  I took the test that Monday morning and I remember clearly the lab technician say "you are 100% positive."  I felt like I was in a haze.  It felt surreal and wonderful.  It seemed our first dr's appointment would never get here.

Lance went with me to our first appointment and we saw the baby for the first time.  Everything looked perfect.  The baby looked like he/she was dancing....takes after his/her daddy already.  We have been to the doctor again and have heard the heartbeat.  It was in the high 150s low 160s and again everything looked great.

We are enjoying telling this wonderful news.  Lance and I told our immediate families at Thanksgiving, then we told our close friends.  We waited until I was 14 weeks to tell our youth and friends at church.  Everyone has been beyond thrilled, loving, and supportive (and some annoying...ha!).

I had some morning sickness in the very beginning and have been really tired.  I am starting to gain more energy and haven't been sick for a while.  I am hoping I am over the first trimester hump.  I am beginning to get a tiny bump my pants are starting to get tight.  It will be interesting to see how my body grows and changes.

We are so excited about "munchkin," "doo-da," "Lolita," "Ronnie-Bob Rogerson" (all names our families have offered).  We can't wait to see what the new year brings for our family.

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you guys! That's going to be one good looking kid :)

    ReplyDelete