Friday, February 10, 2012

21 1/2 week visit

We went this week for another appointment. We knew the Dr would review the ultra sound so Lance went with me.  I'm grateful he is so supportive.

Everything went smoothly....
blood pressure - good
urine check - good
hemoglobin - good
weight gain - well gained (I've gained 14 lbs and the Dr. said I was on track)

We met with Dr. Wilson this time.  He measured my belly and it measured fine.  He listened to the heartbeat and it was around 152.  The baby was kicking up a storm!  I'm always so happy when he is moving I feel him kick constantly. 

When we had our ultra sound done at 19 weeks the ultra sound technician said the kidneys looked large.  She measured them and said they were still within range and she thought they were fine.  She flagged them when they were sent to my regular Dr (Dr. Robison).  Dr. Robison made a note that we needed another ultrasound to double check the kidneys.  When we met with Dr. Wilson yesterday, he told us Dr. Robison wanted us to have another ultra sound.  Dr. Wilson wasn't worried at all.  He said it was normal for this to happen and they were still within range and he wasn't alarmed.  But he said "insurance would pay for another ultrasound."  Of course we jumped at the chance.  Why not have another ultrasound if insurance pays for it!  It will put our mind at ease and we will get to see our sweet boy again!  I would rather be safe than sorry!


We go back on February 23 for another ultrasound and can't wait!  We are praying our boy continues to grow healthy and strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment