Tuesday, April 24, 2012

31 Weeks

I am behind on blogging!  April 12 we had our 31 week Dr. appointment.  Everything looked great!  The baby kept moving when the Dr. tried to find his heartbeat which was in the 140s.  I think we are going to have a very active little boy!

I'm starting to feel really big!  My belly is finally starting to become more round and my belly button is starting to disappear....weird!  For the first time strangers are making comments to me about being pregnant.  I can feel the baby higher...in my ribs.  His kicks feel slightly different because I think he is starting to run out of room.  I think he likes hanging out on my right side.

Lance and I attended the childbirth class that Glean Meade offers.  We opted for the one day class and boy are we glad!  They covered a lot of information, most of which we had read in baby books.  It was good to see the hospital and we feel confident that it is well equipped with the best equipment, doctors, and nurses.  The nurse teaching the class asked at one point what we expected from our birth experience.  Lance responded "a healthy baby."  I responded "an epidural!"  Of course my ultimate hope is a healthy baby too :).

I also attended a "new mommy class" at our prospective pediatrician's office.  I felt sure this was the ped we would go with based off of word of mouth recommendations and things their website said they offered.  However, after attending the class I was ecstatic and sure this is who we will go with!  The doctors are all young and well read.  They were very pro breastfeeding and seemed extremely interested in helping raise a healthy child in whatever manner they can.  They seemed relaxed yet confident.  I knew Lance would feel they were a right fit when I saw they had superman, batman, and Lord of the Rings posters in the waiting room. These are the drs that will visit baby boy in the hospital and do his circ.  I never thought I would be so happy to find a ped that we feel comfortable with.

Time is starting to fly by!  I need it to slow down just a bit!  I told Lance it made me kind of sad not to have in my belly anymore.  I know he is safe there, getting all the nutrients he needs and I've enjoyed feeling him grow and move and bond with him in a way no one else can or ever will.  I'm already completely in love.

We can't wait to meet him.  I can't wait to see Lance with him.  I know he is going to be an awesome dad and I am so grateful for that!


No comments:

Post a Comment